Pilsen's historical underground belongs to one of the largest labyrinths of medieval corridors in the Czech Republic. During the guided tour, you can only visit its small part of the underground but it is worth it. You can visit various cellars, corridors and wells and learn the secrets of the everyday life in the Middle Ages. You will learn about how ice and food used to be stored in the underground at that time, what role the underground played at the time of a siege, and you will also visit a historic water tower which dates back the first half of the 16th century.
- Warning: The underground cannot be visited with children under 3 years of age. During the guided tour all visitors must wear helmets on their heads.
- Tours: October – Novemeber Mon – Sun 11am, 12am, 1pm, 3pm
- Entrance fee: full price 120 CZK, reduced price 80 CZK, family ticket 280 CZK
- For more information: www.plzenskepodzemi.cz
- Address: Veleslavínova 6, Plzeň (link to the map)